Businesses work hard to create a WOW customer experience — going out of the way to solve business problems at every step of the journey. Why should the employee experience be any different when it comes to their HR issues?
Employees frequently turn to HR practitioners to get their queries or issues resolved (queries regarding payslips/performance reviews/employee-relations or so on). The traditional way of solving these queries was using sources ranging from papers to emails to information sessions – which weren’t giving the employee any joy.
The HR’s contribution to competitive advantage has yielded various innovative methods to service the employees better like the “Human Resources Helpdesk Services”. However, most HR helpdesk systems which exist are primarily ticketing systems. Their solutions may not be specifically designed to solve the unique needs of an HR practitioner and the employee experience is nothing to write home about. Also integration of these ticketing tools to the HCM Systems remains a huge challenge.
Eliminating all these concerns and putting the employee experience in the forefront – SAP SuccessFactors provides a synergetic support solution – Employee Central Service Center. A solution that is smart, unique, relevant, timely and effective! Service Center system is integrated seamlessly to the Employee Central module of SAP SuccessFactors suite and has separate views for the employee and the agent.
During the course of this blog, we would walk you through the different features available for the employees and the Agents (HR practitioners) and also how these features contribute to running an effective HR shared services.
Fig 1: Difference between traditional systems and Service Center
Let’s take a quick look into what SuccessFactors’ Service Center offers to an Employee and an Agent
Intuitive Service Ticketing Solution across Channels
Employee Central Service Center provides a wide variety of channels like email, phone, chat, and web. This makes it simple and convenient for employees to find the information they are looking for, through a consistent employee service experience.
The Email response management captures complete conversation history at a single place and maximizes agent efficiency. The Routing and escalation rules ensure that the case is handled by the right agent
1. The Employee’s View (ASK HR) –
ASK HR is the launching point for your employees to create requests, set priority to service tickets and start interaction with agents. Employees can view history of all prior requests to save time and minimize duplicate requests. The Ask HR link is available on all SuccessFactors HCM Suite pages. They can also have real time conversation with agents.
The Service Center home page has the following main widgets –
- Open Tickets – These are the tickets (issues) raised by employees which are not yet solved.
- Need Confirmation – Once the agent solves a ticket, it goes to the employee for a confirmation to close the ticket. The employee confirms closure only if he/she is satisfied with the solution.
- Create New Ticket – The employee can create a ticket (log an issue) using this widget.
- Got a question for HR? Search HR resources – There are a set of inbuilt solutions for various processes which provide knowledge to employees on standardized process and policies for self-resolution.
- Contact details – The employees also have contact details/mailing address to contact in case of an emergency.
Seamless Knowledge Base Integration
The knowledge base content can either be created by your HR practitioners with relevant links to HR self-service pages or existing content such as posted company policies and procedures. Knowledge base content can be categorized and secured based on criteria. HR resources are also defined in the Knowledge base. You can leverage this platform to respond intelligently in real time on a consistent basis. Employees can search for a solution relevant to their queries.
2. Agent HR View
Agents can process tickets in the Agents view- On opening a ticket, agent can access the tools required to solve employee queries. Agent also has access to the knowledge base which helps close tickets. They can change the status or priority of a ticket.
How does a ticket get assigned to an agent?
Based on ticket parameters like service category, priority, etc, an admin can set rules so that the right ticket is assigned to the right person or the team. The tickets are assigned to the different cadres of people from the service organization based on the priority set and the category. This is defined as routing rules.
When a ticket is overdue or crosses milestones set for a particular ticket (SLAs), it would be escalated. This ensures that the employee receives efficient HR support.
The widgets for an agent are –
- Solution Finder – There are a set of inbuilt solutions for various processes which provide knowledge to employees on standardized process and policies for self-resolution. The agent can use this to resolve tickets.
- Checklists – It is a set of predefined questions relevant to a set of queries for the agents. For e.g. when a visa is initiated for an employee, the agent can send a checklist to the employee which the employee answers and sends back. This allows the agent to identify what degree of support needs to be provided to the employee.
- Templates – Predefined email responses can be configured for various issues. This saves time for the agent.
- Similar Tickets – These are previous resolutions provided for a similar problem. The agent can refer to these tickets to solve the employee query. Also these help in standardizing the responses.
Integration to EC through Mashup
C4C mashup- Real time and contextual integration of Employee Central and helpdesk data saves a lot of time and improves service. The agent can access the employee data securely without the need for a secondary login.
Insightful Analytics for the Shared Service Center Manager
- Track real-time service delivery performance with pre-built dashboards
- Readily use embedded reports to track response time, handle time, priority and escalation trends
- Dig deeper into data using Microsoft Excel add-in
- Gain greater insight through integrated access to analyses done with SAP Business Warehouse
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Service Center acts as a centralized point of service through which an employee and an HR communicate in a seamless channel. Service Center enables your HR organization to securely track and handle the most sensitive issues while protecting the privacy of employee information and ensuring compliance.
Service Center allows your Contact Center to be smarter using fewer resources to deliver the same or even superior levels of service. If you are a SuccessFactors Employee Central customer and are evaluating HR Helpdesk, kindly reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.